[C320-list] Catalina 320 owners group on Facebook?

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 06:58:25 PDT 2020

 Add me to the folks who cannot thank the organizers and participants of
this list enough. Some time ago, I admitted to being a (now former, I hope)
lurker but immediately realized that does no one any good.

I don't know much about how email lists work, but have been around long
enough to see the (IIRC) the old SailNet 320 list come and go, as well as
an old car (SAAB) list I belonged to on Yahoo Groups get discontinued from
there.  So, for me, whatever we can do to preserve this amazing amount of
320 knowledge is well worth doing.

I know even less about FB other than many years ago when I was thinking
about joining, our younger son (in college at the time) warned me about the
sometimes incendiary nature of it as well as privacy concerns.  He never
joined and neither did I.

Bottom line is that I would hate to see anything happen to this list.
While the Luddite in me would be to simply ignore FB, the reality seems to
be that we should do whatever we can to make sure the FB people know the
real treasure is over here.  Unfortunately, I cannot help since I don't
belong to FB.

Regards,

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206