[C320-list] Second Reef Line Arrangement

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Wed Jun 10 12:11:01 PDT 2020

Hi Dennis,

I have an installed a second reef line on Second Wind, our 2005 C-320.  I had the 2 reef points put in on the main within the first year or two I bought the boat.  So, my second reef line has the same set up as the first reef, with the line led aft on the other side of the companion way.  My reef set up is a single line to the cockpit, with blocks on the reef points at the mast, and tied to the aft reef points.  This removes a significant amount of friction when reefing.  It works well, though I rarely use the second reef.  However, it’s nice to know it’s there in case I get stuck out in a real blow….

Joe Luciano
Anacortes, WA