[C320-list] gelcoat repair and paint matching

kskis at aol.com kskis at aol.com
Sun Jun 14 10:20:04 PDT 2020

Louis:  I purchased gelcoat from Catalina (only sold in quarts).  However, it didn't quite match.  My repair yard explained that "aged" gelcoat will always discolor and not match perfectly the "new" repair.  The yard recommended using paint instead that can be matched easier than gelcoat.  I had the yard do it and the results were amazing.  They did about 10 spots and most I can't even locate the repair.  Of course not cheap-about $100-$200 per spot.  Neil Kornblatt Harmony 2004 #973.