[C320-list] Secondary Fuel Filter Bleed Nut Leak

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Jun 16 18:50:36 PDT 2020

I agree with all of the people here who say use the copper crush washers. I bought a supply of them and change them annually as part of fall maintenance. And here's the reason.

When I first bought the boat, I was chasing a few diesel leaks and one of them was this bleed screw. In the process of trying to stop the leak, I overtightened the bleed screw and stripped the threaded hole in the housing. It was while I was at the parts desk of Bayshore marine in Annapolis, the parts guy asked me if I had ever replaced the crush washer. I learned then that they were only good for a few uses.

So as part of buying the new housing, I also bought a half-dozen of the crush washers and I change the one on the secondary filter housing annually after changing the filter. Since then, no leaks. (fingers crossed).

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us