[C320-list] Yanmar hose replacement?

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Jun 19 07:36:19 PDT 2020

Scott,

Assuming Yanmar here.... if another engine, YMMV.

The Yanmar hose from raw water pump to heat exchanger is definitely a specialty part. It comes pre-bent to follow the designed path under the front of the engine, behind the belts and around some other obstacles.

I replaced mine last year when I put in a new pump. The Yanmar part number is 128690-49010. I recall that it was under $30 from my local parts supplier. I recall that you're in MD, I got mine from Bayshore marine in Annapolis.

If the hose is painted the same color as your engine, it's most likely the same age as the engine. I felt like 22 years for a hose was beyond its service life. I'll be replacing other hoses as well this fall as part of my fall maintenance to reduce the risk of failure at an inconvenient moment.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us