[C320-list] Perkins M30 hot water sender problem - photo posted to the list

Bob Borelli cassattC22 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 06:46:05 PDT 2020

The hot water sending unit attached to the top of my Perkins M30 water pump sounds the alarm & red lamp on the control panel at 150 degrees.
And not when the diesel overheated from a stripped raw water impeller.

I have taken the sender apart, adjusted & given up.

I cannot locate a similar part to replace the sender.

Does anyone a similar sender and installation on their M30?

I posted 4 pictures on page 10 of C320 Discussion List Technical Photos because the pics are too big to email.

I contacted parts4engines and they don't have a similar sender.  I intened to unscrew to determine the thread NPS and buy a sender from parts4engines
plus a Borel Mfg Raw water alarm to connect to exhaust hose.  I cannot have the M30 overheat without a warning alarm.

Thank you all,

Bob Borelli,  1995 C320 no. 209 'Elusive'  Georgetown, MD