[C320-list] DOMESTIC EXTENSION CHORDS

hoopdtwo hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 08:33:01 PDT 2020

Doug - good perspective about where, why and when household cords might be applicable.  I use one with an adapter also when on the hard to charge my batteries. Dave Hupe 1994 C320 (#32)Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Doug Treff <doug at treff.us> Date: 6/27/20  6:42 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] DOMESTIC EXTENSION CHORDS I have one of these adapters and have occasionally used it to power up the boat's electrical system for light loads. I have always been careful not to run heavier loads such as my water heater or onboard Air Conditioner while plugged into the household cord. Generally, I wouldn't leave it like this for long periods of time unattended. Mainly I use it when on the hard because they only have 15 amp plugs in the yard work area. I've visited a few docks where 15A was the only thing available. I just made sure I didn't leave it plugged in while I wasn't on board to monitor things. And definitely kept my onboard power use limited. Works fine with my battery charger.--Doug Treffdoug at treff.usOn Fri, Jun 26, 2020, at 6:57 PM, sail-ability at sympatico.ca wrote:> Do any of you have experience/knowledge WRT using domestic extension > chords for shore power? I don’t think it’s a good idea for many reasons > , but not convincing folks here. > JohnM> 1999#574> > Sent from my iPhone