[C320-list] Alternator Wiring Question

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Sun Jun 28 16:32:08 PDT 2020

Mark,

I replaced my Lucas alternator last year. I sent my old one to a shop in Wisconsin but it was beyond saving. It put out the proper voltage and all pedestal instruments were working.

Fast forward to this year and it is intermittent. I think my problem is in the tach wire. As soon as I correct my fuel issue so I can have the engine running so I can troubleshoot, I plan to replace the black connector, because I do not think it is making a good connection.

I have not found a fuse in the wiring. I am fairly sure it grounds to the back of the engine through the engine wiring harness.

I am interested in what you find if you get a solution.

Jeff Smith
‘94, #121, Perkins M30

Sent from my iPhone