[C320-list] V-berth hatch gasket replacement

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 12:24:43 PDT 2020

 I am inclined to replace my lens and install a new gasket at the same time, rather than risk just trying to do only the gasket. Moreover,  I am concerned if I would be successful in nudging a new gasket into place by pushing it under the lens.
I have removed the hatch latches each season to replace and/or lubricate the o-rings/seals under the outer dogs [folks .... you should do this for maintenance each season (clean well too) which can prevent leaks around the latches ......really easy and cheap preventive action]. There is circular wear in my lens from the latches being operated over the years with some grit between the lens and the outer dog.  So, even if I was successful installing a new gasket without removing the lens, I think eventually the latches will leak and just maintaining the o-rings will not be enough.
Another good preventative action is wiping the rubber seals periodically with a silicone type cleaner and preservative (like ArmorAll).
Thanks all,
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)
Holland, MI