[C320-list] Autohelm depth display flashing zero...sometimes

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed May 27 16:05:34 PDT 2020

I always view speed as outdated technology, like a sextant.

My Open CPN plotter gives me extremely good speed over ground. It’s not hard to figure out current where I sail when you combine that and the feel of the boat.

When I depended on a knot meter, I found that it was often inaccurate due to algae growth, etc.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10