[C320-list] Hurricane!

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 11 06:46:58 PST 2020

Cross your fingers for those of us on the west coast of Florida. We have a late-season  category 1 hurricane, Eta, that unexpectedly veered right up the coast for today and tomorrow.

Just finished doing what I could. Ten heavy lines strung to pilings. Solar panels and Bimini off. Too late to take off the sails, so I tied up the mainsheet cover and also tied lines around the furled jib.

My slip is protected everywhere except for a slot from the south-southeast. Wanna guess where the worst winds are expected to blow from?

It is right outside my townhouse, so I can crack open the hurricane shutters and see how the boat is faring. But There’s not much you can do in an extremely choppy harbor without risking your neck.

Oh well.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.