[C320-list] Dinghy Propulsion

Joe Jablonowski appleton1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 09:27:10 PST 2020

 We've had a 6-hp Tohatsu on our 10-ft. Zodiac for six years, and it is okay for 3-4 people. Gets up on plane (barely) w/2 people and flat water. Some starting problems after periods of disuse; minimized when burning non-ethanol gas (TrueFuel in cans from Defender or West Marine). Starting problems fixed by squirting Start! aerosol (purchased from auto supply store) into engine-top fuel tank.
Engine is stored on stern rail (no auxiliary bracing) w/plastic bolt-on shield. Hoisting is a two-person job using Forespar single davit.
- Joe Jablonowski  s/v Assignment - C320 #103