[C320-list] Dingy Propulsion

SARA SCHROEDER saras951 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 16:19:13 PST 2020

I have an Avon Rover 3.10 that is 10 ft long with a rigid bottom.  The outboard is a Tohatsu 9.8.  I actually bought this dinghy when I was married and re-purchased it about 2 years ago. Yes....I bought it twice, which is another story!

I am going to sell them next year as it's just too much for me to handle alone.  I do not have davits so for short, one-hour hops I will tow the dingy but do not do that for longer trips.  I keep the dingy in the water during the summer and put it in my backyard shed during the winter.  Same with the outboard.

The weight of both them is beyond what I can safely handle alone. I borrow a friend when it time to put them in and take them out of the water.  We use the spinnaker halyard to hoist the motor off the dingy and into a dock cart.  I don't see how I could lift it off the dingy and on to a stern platform myself.

So, I'm in the market for something smaller and lighter.
Sara Schroeder
Wandering Star
#707/2000
Seattle, WA