[C320-list] Sad News: Frank Butler, Catalina Yachts

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 20:56:11 PST 2020

I met Frank in St. Petersburg about 20 years ago at an owner appreciation party at the City Marina. He was real easy to talk with and he loved to talk about sailboats, even the modest Catalina Capri 26 we had at that time, although the marina had a dozen new models in the slips, including the new Catalina Morgan 44 and a couple of Catalina 47s.
When our boat was new 30 years ago it had a port list and the Cape Yachts dealer Dave Nolan was having trouble getting factory help to fix the problem.  As the proud owner I asked Dave for the CEO’s name and phone number, and
I called the CA HQ in Woodland Hills, asked for Frank, told him the  problem, and was more than a little impressed when it was fixed that same week!

More recently, as a C320 owner for 18 years, I have spoken on the phone with chief designer Gerry Douglas about racing more efficiently, and with the plant manager in Largo, FL about component and parts sourcing.
What a refreshing, professional and helpful organization.
Rollie  #182  Charlotte Harbor

Begin forwarded message: