[C320-list] Garhauer Motor Lift

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:17:04 PST 2020

We are going to repower our West Marine 310 RIB - going from a 2.5 HP 4
cycle Mercury to (perhaps) an 8 or 9.9 HP 4 cycle OB.  Thinking ahead we
went ahead and purchased a Garhauer Motor Lift - LD6-1 (150 # capacity with
26" arm) to mount on the transom of our 2008 Catalina 320 MK II Bucket List
(#1135).

If any of you have mounted one of the Garhauer lifts on your 320 sailboat
... would love to know:

1)  Where did you mount the 'Ball' base for the lift on your transom?
2)  Did you have to install a backing plate when installing the Ball?  Was
it a job to get the backing plate located?
3.  Did you mount the 'Ring' (mid height) to your stern rail seat?  To your
life line stanchions?
4.  Do you have any pictures of your install?

We really appreciate this group and their collective opinions.

Regards,

Tom & Tracy Grass
S/V Bucket List
2008 Catalina 320 MK II