[C320-list] Stuffing box question

Daniel Kolean dkolean60 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:35:55 PST 2020

I used a piece of bike inner tube.  Gave it a couple wraps then zip tied fore and aft. No leak therefore no pressure in fitting the GFO packing. I think three rings was too much, I could only catch about 2 threads. So I took it apart and went with two rings. I used pvc as a gauge to cut the gfo and made another “tool” out of pvc to push the ring into the nut.

Sent from my iPhone