[C320-list] Replace JABSCO shower drain pump with other brand?

Charles Martin chiprmartin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:47:43 PDT 2020

Dear Shipmates:

After taking our shower-sump/fridge-drain pump apart (with great guidance
from David at Jabsco), cleaning all the accessible parts, and nothing
determined to be amiss other than minimal if any suction, we were advised
to replace the pump.  We were hoping to find a model using the same screw
holes and fit it into the same location down below and to the left of the
head sink. New model suggested is Jabsco/Parmax3 Part # 32601-0092 to
replace the original from yr. 2000 (which was Jabsco/Parmax3 Part #
30610-0012).  It has different dimensions and screwhole locations than the
original, so mounting it on a board and then to the hull is suggested.  It
is available from Defender.

Catalina Direct does not list a replacement drain pump, only a fresh water
pump made by ShurFlo.  Has anyone replaced their pump with either of
these?

Best,
Chip Martin
Bonaventure - Sail #767 (2000)