[C320-list] TV on board

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 08:10:39 PDT 2020

I was sitting in front of my smart tv watching a you tube video on the android phone when one of them asked me if I wanted to cast the video to the tv.  Blue tooth did it after some simple steps that I now forget.  On the boat away from good wifi you will need a large or unlimited data plan whether by cable or blue tooth to stream netflix and the like.  We will get there but for now watch dvd on a 23 inch tv with built in player that is powered by 12 volts.  It came with a 110v adapter from best by.Interesting conversation. Ken Geiger Northern Dream #765  2000 with winter haul out tomorrow, alasSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Jack Brennan <jackbrennan at bellsouth.net> Date: 2020-10-04  10:00  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] TV on board Thanks to everyone for their replies and advice.Clearly, I need to get up to speed on my cell phone. I wasn’t really aware that you could project onto a TV with it. I use it to talk to people and text. What a caveman!Tech evolves with startling speed. Twenty years ago, I was cutting edge. I worked as a web producer at a daily newspaper, coding in Perl and Javascript, building pages in HTML, creating graphics and editing photos and video. In my spare time, I built top-end desktop computers for friends and family.Now, all of that is Stone Age. The world has moved on while I putter around in sailboats …Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Sent from Mail for Windows 10