[C320-list] Pulling the mast

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Oct 5 09:44:23 PDT 2020

Surprise is 20 years old and as far as I know the mast has never been
pulled. I'm thinking of doing that this winter to service halyard
sheaves, rebed chainplates, etc.  Can anyone tell me what problems to
expect if I ask the yard to do this as part of winter haulout? I'm
mostly concerned about cables that may run through the mast step with no
connector. In case it matters, I believe that my boat was originally
commissioned by Sail Annapolis in 1999. I suspect that they sold most of
the 320's of comparable vintage on the Northern Chesapeake, and probably
the mast was stepped initially under their direction.

--

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653