[C320-list] Stern Shower Leak

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 05:53:13 PDT 2020

 Graeme - Yes, there is no way to seal the shower wand hose exit hole. However,  that didn't seem to be the location of the leakage when my enclosure was closed and I watched the leaks from below (thru the aft bedroom access door) were occurring during a rain.  The hose exit hole has an elevated rim, so water that gets into the enclosure is diverted around that hole as compared to the flat bottom where the faucet assembly is mounted.
Allan - I will watch my repair during a rain as soon as I can, or I likely will be washing the boat soon and can evaluate. I don't think what you describe applies to the C320.  You are describing your C387 .... right?  I looked at my photos after reading your post and see no possible relationship to the enclosure and anything nearby bolted in place.
By the way ..... I kept asking myself why I hadn't seen this leak before.  I think it is because normally my bimini directs a lot of rain away from this area and I had removed it maybe earlier than usual. Also, during winter my cover keeps it dry.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)