[C320-list] Drip-less Shaft Hose Installation

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Fri Oct 9 11:57:02 PDT 2020

The vent hose on the PSS on WindSwept is routed aft in the propeller tunnel, through an opening at the bulkhead of the aft cabin and then up the aft side of this bulkhead and terminates just below the cockpit sole.  By keeping this high and on the centerline it will keep it above the waterline at all times.  I think it is good to follow manufacturer's recommendations as much as possible for insurance reasons.  Mine not the equipment manufacturer's.  I did replace my bellows after 10-15 years of service.  It was impossible to stop dripping with the shaft rotating.  Adjusting the bellows compression did not seem to help.  I also replaced the graphite and SS ring - I guess that is the entire seal.  Solved the problem but I don't know what the problem really was.   Just a parts changer on this one.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246

On 10/9/20, 1:27 PM, "C320-list on behalf of Chris Nichols" <c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com on behalf of cinichols at btinternet.com> wrote:

    Wish I had done this! Well done. Look forward to another 10+!

    Chris