[C320-list] Xantrex DC Controller - functions?

Scott Lagerquist lgrqst at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 10:22:28 PDT 2020

David,

I have been struggling with a start battery issue for the past two seasons.  Voltage read well and all indicators pointed towards a good battery.  The start battery would not start the engine.  I checked wiring at each contact point all the way to the starter and voltage dropped dramatically when engaging the glow plugs or starter.  The house batteries had no issue starting the engine.  I replaced the start battery and it easily starts the engine.  I believe the old battery would charge up in voltage but could not handle a load.  I did do a load test and the battery was below the normal range but wasn’t completely shot.  Maybe you have a similar problem?

Good luck.

Scott Lagerquist
1994 C-320, #39 “Sea Esta”
San Diego CA