[C320-list] Engine Temperature Gauge Failure

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Mon Oct 19 10:14:08 PDT 2020

Christian is correct. If your gauge is not operating AND your thermostat gets stuck in the closed position, then water would not circulate through the heat exchanger and would not get cooled and you would not know it. I should have mentioned that as a possibility. I would need to look at the specs to see if the alarm will still sound (Bob seems to indicate that it will, but I make no claim there).

I was simply thinking that Clay could use that as a check since he is away from home and would like to get back to the marina. If he is that concerned, then towing back to the slip would be advised if he can't troubleshoot the gauge (again, unless the alarm will still sound).

My apologies if I led anyone astray.

Jeff
'94, #121