[C320-list] Water heater not getting as hot from the engine

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 22 17:36:28 PDT 2020

I just replaced the hoses from the engine to the hot water heater 21 years old. One of them had a bulge in it, yikes! If you remove that little cabinet under the stove you can feel the hoses, they should both be hot after the engine runs for 5 min or so.
To replace the hoses you must drain the antifreeze from the engine. It was quite a job to get the antifreeze circulating through the water heater again, air lock! The hoses are 10’ long each of anyone is interested. Make sure the antifreeze surge tank has the correct amount in it.
JohnM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone