[C320-list] 2 minute video on Adjusting Throttle Tension on Edson Pedestal

RONALD HODEL ronandgail2 at me.com
Wed Oct 28 11:56:57 PDT 2020

Nice video.
2 thoughts
1 - under ‘stuff for sale’ on the 320 website - there are stuffing box wrenches which I bought that work perfectly and they are sized for the stuffing box. So no more heavy wrenches and no more slipping adjustments on the channel locks or crescent wrenches. You could use a cheater bar on either if you didn’t properly lube the lock nut threads before hand.

2 - spraying water (I have almost none and my stuffing box is cool to the touch under power) but spraying water can be contained by taking a big plastic soda bottle, split it length wise, and place it over the stuffing box, covering a couple inches toward the engine from where the shaft comes out. The bottle will keep the spray from getting all over the aqualift muffler.

And you can easily change flax while the boats in the water. I just back the nut and lock nut off, and quickly ‘seal’ off the gushing influx of seawater with a rag and zip tie it tightly. That pretty much stops the influx of water (it still comes in so you shouldn’t go to lunch half way through the process) and gives you plenty of time to extract the old flax and replace it with new.

Ron Hodel
Lokomaikai #1070

Sent from my iPad