[C320-list] Someone replaced my line?

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 30 07:07:33 PDT 2020

5AMthe5loot5Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Graeme Clark <cg at skyflyer.co.uk> Date: 10/30/20  10:00 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Catalina list <C320-List at Catalina320.com> Subject: Re: [C320-list] Someone replaced my line? To my mind the answer is simple: they must either leave it as it is  (no charge) or return your boat to the state it was in before the error was made.(no charge)It is they decide to leave it as it is (which they probably will as old line is unlikely to be stored anywhere) then it is entirely up to you to offer, if you feel so inclined, a contribution towards the fact that you are better off. This depends in turn on how old your old lines were, how soon you would have replaced them and what you'd have spent on new ones. Also whether you would have done the replacement yourself or paid a rigger to do it for you.If it was me, I'd say “I do my own rigging replacement so I am not contributing towards any labor charges; My halyards cost $100 and I replace them every 5 years. This one was two years old so I’ll give you 2/5 x $100 = $40”. Adapt using your own figures.But even if they have put dyneema line in you should work on basis of what you would have spent, and how often you would replace them. No way should you be paying for their mistake.If you don't want to, that is. If you are feeling generous that is a different matter!Graeme#366, 1996> On 30 Oct 2020, at 13:34, danb70341 at gmail.com wrote:> > I got to my boat and found the boom vang,traveler,2 halyards replaced with new line. The old line disposed of. I think someone got the wrong boat since I never contracted for the job. I am waiting for a call when the error is found out. I do have some of my own new line other than halyards which I can give to installer who made error. Not sure how handle and willing to pay some but not all since not wanted. Any thoughts on how handle?> Dan Bochniak> #250> > Sent from my iPad