[C320-list] Dinghy Outboards - Electic or Gas ?

Roger Nitkin rnitkin at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 17:57:14 PDT 2020

We have a 10’ inflatable dinghy we use when cruising, mostly short weekend excursions.

I’m tired of lugging around and setting up the 4 HP Yamaha outboard.

Has anyone had any experience with electric outboards ?

Aside from the higher initial cost and shorter range, are there any other issues with electrics ?
I figure that since most of our cruising is one or two nights, the shorter range of the electric battery
won’t be too much of a handicap.

Thanks !

Roger
Summer Time, 1997