[C320-list] Free Weaver davits for hard dinghy

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 6 13:24:53 PDT 2020

Reading the thread on dinghy motors reminded me of something: I have a set of Weaver davits for a hard dinghy that I removed from my 320 so I could install the Weaver davits for my new inflatable.

If anyone wants them, send me your name and address at jackbrennan at bellsouth.net and I’ll forward them for free. First email gets them, obviously. If the postage is outrageous, I might ask you for a few dollars, but I suspect the amount is so small that I’m not going to worry about it.

The fittings are mounted on your swim platform. Not a hard job, as long as you can fit into the stern compartments. Drill the holes, then overdrill them, fill with epoxy and redrill the smaller ones to protect the balsa core on the platform. Use a backing plate on the inside.

The other fittings are mounted on the side of your hard dinghy. Basically, you connect the fittings between the dinghy and the swim platform, then use lines to pull up the dinghy so it is resting on its side on the stern of your boat. There are plenty of photos online for these if you want to check them out.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10