[C320-list] Freshwater pump question

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Sat Sep 12 19:13:35 PDT 2020

> I have a 3.0 pump. Works fine but I want to reduce the
> cycling 'chatter' when faucet at low flow and reduce noise at night.

My system would cycle quite a bit from new, even had the pump replaced under warranty but not much better.  I installed an
accumulator and it made the world of difference.  I eventually found the root cause of the recycling in the galley tap being needed
to be shut quite firmly to avoid recycling issues.  So now the system will stay stay silent for hours on end and it is possible to
get a glass of water without the pump cutting in which is handy at night.  Would thoroughly recommend the accumulator.  On my boat
the pump is in the port settee locker and I placed the accumulator in there as well.  This location would also make it easy to
adjust the air pressure in the accumulator if need be, although it has not required attention yet.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141