[C320-list] Shower sump won’t completely drain

Charles Martin chiprmartin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 06:24:42 PDT 2020

Not exactly the same issue, but I cannot get my shower sump or my fridge to
drain.  I have cleaned the strainer on the outlet side of the Y-Valve.  I
have tried blowing air through both lines from the shower drain and the
fridge drain and can hear bubbles coming out from the thru-hull on the
underside of the boat, but no water will pump out of either.  I'm beginning
to think there is a problem with the sump pump, even though I can hear it
trying hard--diaphragm issue maybe.  Any thoughts?  Has anyone replaced
that o-so-hard to get to pump?

Best,
Chip Martin
Bonaventure-Sail #767 (built in 2000)