[C320-list] Replacing engine sound insulation

Steve Martin scmartin2 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 10:35:44 PDT 2020

We replaced the sound insulation in #754 this past winter, using a kit from Defender.  https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=96141. Replacing the insulation in the fore and aft covers took two kits.  The process is pretty straightforward, with the most difficult part being working back to a clean-ish base.  After experimenting with different solvents to remove the old adhesive, it seemed that the best solution was spray Goof Off.  Although only one season in, we're quite pleased.

Steve
S/V Sea Monkey #754
Pasadena, MD