[C320-list] Loose Footed Main

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Thu Sep 24 13:18:07 PDT 2020

Art:

I replace my original factory main with a new mainsail with loose foot and
full batten.  The Ullman  mainsail is excellent quality, Ullman designed and
fabricated the original Catalina factory mainsail for the 320.   I must say
that I have been very pleased with the performance, shape adaptability with
the loose foot.  It's a definite performance improvement and then you also
have more stuff to play with.  Sail shape can be tailored to given wind
conditions and point of sail.  It does make a big difference. No significant
difference in the boom or mast except that I elected to add a high density
polyethylene extruded sail track and low friction cars..  Now, with that in
place.So much easier to raise and lower.

Petite Suite  Hull 718

Jeffrey Kapec

Tanaka Kapec Design Group

11 Brookfield St.   Norwalk, CT 06851