[C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GM

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 15:22:29 PDT 2021

My original Yanmar (Hitachi) starter was not responding, sort of, intermitantly, as there was a draw down showing on the volt meter.  I decided the solenoid was problematic so installed the backup We carry.  One of those after market ones you find if you Google Yanmar starter.Well it responds all the time but requires more cranking to start the diesel.  Probably not cranking as fast.  I will be getting the original rebuilt.  So beware of the after market offerings.Ken Geiger Northern Dream, soon to be back on  Georgian Bay#765 2000Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: ptormey at 4square.net Date: 2021-04-10  17:31  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GM I had one rebuilt overnight for $125. They even painted it Yanmar grey.PatPat TormeyS/V Blue SkiesNewport RI-----Original Message-----From: C320-list <c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com> On Behalf Of Timothy OsburnSent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:17 PMTo: C320-List at catalina320.comSubject: [C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GMI need to install a new starter for my 1997 Yanmar 3GM and it looks like I have several choices. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations and advice.Thanks.