[C320-list] Rudder raplacement

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Apr 12 07:45:30 PDT 2021

No rudder experience either but I second Ron's recommendation fully. I had a racing friend whose boat had the same exact thing happen. A cursory inspection looked like they were very lucky but once a surveyor looked it over, the boat was totaled. All the tabbing for the internal grid system had been pulled loose, the keel-hull joint was compromised, and the hull had a crack showing on the inside which was not visible externally.

Advise him to preceded very carefully on this, and as Ron said, get an INDEPENDENT surveyor of his own even if it means paying for another one besides the one your insurance company or yard recommends.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us