[C320-list] Remote Monitoring

nibj nibj at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 13:54:01 PDT 2021

I have FloatHub <https://floathub.com <https://floathub.com/>>.  It monitors the batteries (voltage) and the bilge pump (number of cycles).  It reports the boat position and speed (and stores it so you have a record of your voyage). It also reports internal temperature and as a result of seeing 120F in the summer I have installed a fan in the saloon hatch.

It can report more data if you feed it in using NMEA0183, and send data to NMEA0183

Mine only works through WiFi (so it stores data while we are away and uploads it when we get back to the marina).  There is a cellular version also now.

It also has a WiFi hotspot for the boat that you can access via phone or tablet.

Mine has worked well. It reports data to a FloatHub website and the basic level is free.  For a subscription you get alarms and more storage.  It has helped us several times when the shore power got unplugged.

No affiliation with the company.

Peter
Tangled #226