[C320-list] Installing Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger 2000W w Lifeline AGM

RichF RF richfcatalina320 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:40:31 PDT 2021

Thanks for the clarification Scott.  Just confirmed and noticed some opt to
use the second input on the 712 to measure mid-point voltage on the mains.
I like your setup, very nice.

On the install...
Battery Cable Routing - measured that only 1/2 the length will be needed to
route 2 (1 AWG) positive and 2 (1 AWG) negative from the batteries under
the galley floor. This will provide 84 mm2 to meet specs required by
Victron.  One 1/0 would not be large enough, 2/0 would be more difficult to
work with.  It was literally twice the length routing at OEM locations
behind panel and behind galley cabinets, 5 vs 10 m (roughly)!  There is
room to run a conduit, pvc or flex hose.

Was able to route "wire fish" at bilge/holding tank area to opening where
fresh water lines exit to water pump in aft cabin.  From there, fished up
next to anti siphon hose at bulkhead where aft cabin and galley meet right
next to existing charger (OEM) location.  I did take pictures & will post.

Rich #990