[C320-list] Waste deck fitting leak

RichF RF richfcatalina320 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:34:10 PDT 2021

I was just working on the same project last week and finishing tomorrow.
The waste deck plate was leaking into the bilge area, running down the back
of the pump-out hose.  This was an elusive leak to find, but this was the
reason.  I used Butyl tape and replaced the hose with Trident 1.5 Inch ID
101/102 sanitation hose.  This hose is a bit larger (thicker wall, outside
diameter) than the original, so it did not fit through the hole in the
deck.  This just meant the hose had to be slid on the flange below deck and
it went on no problem at all.

One thing that surprised me. There are 4 1.25 inch screws that hold the top
panel in place.  The screw on the left went right into the sanitation hose,
factory installed!  It appeared it was never removed since the original
build based on the manufacturing sawdust that was up there.  I replaced
with a shorter screw - be sure to check that when you do the project.

Rich #990