[C320-list] Fridge not chilling as effectively…where to start?

Hans Dose hans.dose at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:59:54 PST 2021

I installed the same Nova Kool package as John (LT201 condensing unit w/
BT6 compressor) last week purchased from Sure Marine
https://www.suremarineservice.com/Galley/Ice-Box-Conversion/   It was easy
to install and I only needed a helper a few minutes to push/guide the lines
& thermostat wire through thtube to the aft lazarette.  It has a smaller
footprint than the Adler Barbour unit. The whole process took a couple of
hours.

My old unit went bad because of improper installation.  I called Nova Kool
support because the manual was vague on insulation placement. The
insulation is supposed to be placed where it enters the tube from the ice
box AFTWARD.  My original unit has the insulation in the box right up to
the condensing unit. The line developed lots of corrosion within
the insulation as it stayed wet.  Also, don't mount the new thermostat near
the top where it's convenient.  You'll have a surprise when you go to close
the thick lid (don't ask me how I know).

Hans Dose
1999 Hull #569 "King's X"