[C320-list] Inadequate Dedicated Starting Battery

Hans Dose hans.dose at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:15:44 PST 2021

I know this doesn't directly address your issue, but one more thing to keep
in the back of your mind for anyone with a Yanmar 3GM30F... There is a
compression release on top of each cylinder.  Pulling one back before
cranking the motor makes it turn over much easier.  Then releasing it once
the flywheel has some momentum will make for an easier start.  And the more
cylinders you do that with, the easier it gets.  I've often thought of
making linkage from a straight piece of metal that I could tie a line to it
in case I ever had to do that alone from the helm.  They are a throwback
from when you could hand start the engines with a crank.  I did it a lot on
single  & two cylinder Yanmars with no battery when I lived in the Amazon
region of Brazil.

Hans Dose
1999 hull #569 "King's X"
Alamitos Bay - Long Beach, CA