[C320-list] Bilge blower

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 08:09:06 PST 2021

Joe

What is your goal for continuous operation?   Is it reduced engine room
temps, or something else?

I have been studying this problem solely from the perspective of getting
cooler air to the alternator and subsequently removing the heat from said
alternator.

I don’t think the original bilge blower was designed for continuous
operation nor does it seem to move much air and it’s noisy as all get
out…as you’ve stated.

I think the solution is higher cfm 12V fans designed for quietly moving
more air.  Probably a squirrel cage centrifugal blower.    I haven’t got
past trying to design a duct system to get the air directed at the
alternator so I haven’t focused too much on the actual blower yet.

Cheers

Troy Dunn
Hull#514