[C320-list] C320 Chainplate Rebed Video?

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:49:31 PST 2021

Cliff,
I don't have a link to a video, but this was my first major project I did
on my 320, 5 years ago.  It's really not that bad, it's just tedious.  My
mast was down when I did mine, which made the job easier.  I think it took
me 2 days to do mine, but I didn't do it on back to back days as I needed
to allow time for the caulk to cure.  Also, I didn't have to replace any of
the core with filler, making it an easier job.  The most annoying part for
me was the previous owner had rebedded with silicon sealant, and it took
FOREVER to get all the silicon out of the chain plate holes.  Also, I
strongly recommend taking the extra step to counter sink your plate bolt
holes in the deck side of the gel coat.  It will prevent cracking of your
gel coat some experience when you tighten down your plates.

I have some pics of if on my instagram page, should it assist (and my IG is
public, so you don't need an IG account to view).

Prepping the plate area:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhaWEbLFCkH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Covering the plate areas while waiting for caulk to cure because rain was
in the forecast over night:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc0BQCFjOr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Butyl tape on the chain plates:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfYetRHAu3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hope this helps, good luck!
-Christian Caperton
1994 C320 #138 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL