[C320-list] Fwd: Screws for internal timber trim

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Mon Feb 1 15:27:43 PST 2021

Hi, David;

If the screws are truly a brown color, even after removed, and not silver where they were screwed into the wood, they are made of silicon bronze.  This is a very common screw material and you should be able to find the exact same screw at any local marine supply store or good hardware store.  Take a sample in to match up.

All of the screws used in the interior of my boat, hull #8, however, are stainless steel (silver).  Again, a very common screw material and can be found in any marine store or good hardware.  If you go the stainless route, along with the sample, take a magnet to check the screw material.  Stainless steel will not stick to a magnet.

Mark
Sent from my iPad