[C320-list] Perkins M30 Oil Change

Charles Holbrook charlesholbrook at ymail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:19:50 PST 2021

 Warm engine oil, battery powered drill pump down the dipstick tube.  Baby diapers are good absorbents for any drips around the filter.
Charlie #192"Nautigirl"
    On Monday, February 1, 2021, 08:22:46 PM EST, mark <mseyler at cox.net> wrote:

 A is definitely the drain for coolant, and I'm pretty sure that B is the tube to drain oil.  I'm not sure what the label for C is referering to, but it's not the oil drain tube or coolant drain.

I've been sucking the old oil out the dipstick tube for oil changes on my Perkins.  (I figure that since there are only about 25-30 hours on the engine between my annual oil changes, any small amount of old oil left behind won't matter much.)  But if anyone has figured out the size fitting to attach the hose barb, I'd like to know as well.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA