[C320-list] Cabin sole flooring replacement

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 09:26:06 PST 2021

 Search cabin sole on the 320 discussion list.  Many other owners have dealt with this.
Dave Hupe1994 C320 (#32)
    On Friday, February 26, 2021, 11:25:21 AM EST, David Nolte <dcnolte at mac.com> wrote:

 Somehow water got beneath our cabin sole flooring back where it meets the galley flooring. About a foot of the flooring is damaged beyond repair. I had refinished it all several years ago and it looked real nice. Oh well. It is the aft section of the largest section of the cabin flooring.

Our boat is Hull #0004. Our flooring colors are the reverse of most of the rest of yours, it is mainly the light colored Holly wood, with the darker Teak accents.

Has anyone replaced sections of their flooring? Or their entire cabin floor? If so, how and where did you get the flooring? Catalina? Do they still have molds and replace sections?

I am sure that if I look to replace only a section, that the colors would not match, so it might make more sense to replace it all.

Thanks!

David Nolte
Beach House  0004