[C320-list] Head Faucet clean-up

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 8 06:38:25 PST 2021

FWIW.I got tired of looking at the head faucet.  It looked all pitted and rusty.  I took a chance and soaked it in some sort of "Lime-a-Way" I bought at a dollar store. Soaked it almost 24 hours after taking it completely apart and removing all the rubber parts. If interested, you can see the results yourself in my owner's album section of the website (Scott Westwood's Album).  Came out much better than expected.  Lesson learned though.  Before I soaked it I tried to scrape the build-up from the plastic ring at the end of the handle (Part just before the water exits the handle)  I should have just soaked it first.  I ended up taking some of the chrome off the plastic.  Still needs to be polished and waxed but came out OK.  Cheaper for better cosmetics than replacing the faucet.  Pricey.
Next I will tackle the Galley faucet.

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net C (919)- 819-9794