[C320-list] AIS

ROBERT MILLER r.miller at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 8 15:01:35 PST 2021

Jeff, I just purchased an em-track B954 AIS Transponder to add to my 0183 network. The reason I chose this route is that the unit works well with both 0183 and NMEA 2000 (for future upgrades), it has 5 watts of transmit power instead of the older 2 watt standard, it has a built-in antenna splitter to ease installation, and it has both Bluetooth and wifi outputs, meaning it will support my iPad based Navionics app which I use as a back up to my Raymarine plotter. The brand received a favourable review by a marine electronics installer in a recent issue of Pacific Yachting.
I didn’t really look at the VHF upgrade path, mainly because I have a good DSC radio and remote mic already.
Installation is on my growing winter projects list.
Good luck,
Rob Miller
Alchemy

Sent from my iPad