[C320-list] Holding tank monitor sensor

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 15 16:33:41 PST 2021

Hi Chris:

I have a somewhat similar attitude to you. In my previous life at various times. I built desktop computers, designed and built web sites and did basic programming.

However, I am anti-tech on sailboats beyond depth sounder, autopilot and basic chart plotter (I use Open CPN on a tablet). Having navigated with a fold-up chart and handheld compass, having run aground and having sat at a tiller for many hours, these are great inventions.

I also love good solar, which makes us independent for long periods of time.

The other stuff, I can’t get excited about. I still like to work things out on my own rather than imagine I’m flying a jet. Maybe I’m something of a throwback. But I have also seen how quickly the house of cards can collapse when tech problems descend on a complex system.

A little reluctantly, I installed a TV in anticipation of a 6- to 10-week sailing trip around Florida this spring. (The only means of getting away during covid …) My wife really likes her movies, and a TV means a longer trip.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10