[C320-list] Refrigerator Replacement - 1995 Hull 268

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 18 09:16:13 PST 2021

Hi Cliff:

1) The veneer is just a couple of screws. I too had condensation when some of the plumber’s putty around the refrigerant tube went awry. It will cost you a couple of dollars to buy a new can, and all should be fine.
2) I bought the new model of the Adler-Barbour Cold Machine from Defender. Works fine and reasonably priced. Buy a new evaporator, too, because I believe the fittings have changed. I can’t speak for other models, but 320 owners seem reasonably pleased with them, too.
3) You’ll hold your breath at times, but it’s not difficult if you pay close attention to the directions and the threads here on how to run the tubing through the passage. You have to be able to climb down into the port stern locker and move around a little.

   These units are much more efficient than the old ones. I’m guessing I use 35-45 amps to keep the fridge running in a hot West Florida summer; much less than that around now.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10