[C320-list] Waeco Fridge Cooling

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Mon Jan 18 18:32:31 PST 2021

> Hi,
>
> I have the vertical Waeco fridge in my boat and it seems to
> really struggle and run almost continuously after the engine
> has run for a long period. I assume this is because it
> struggles to cool the heat exchanger filaments in a hot
> enclosed environment.
>
> Has anyone else had this issue and have you or have you
> considered venting the back of the fridge into the aft cabin
> wall to remedy this situation?
>
> Thanks, Ian Neale.
>
> Hull # 1122, Solutions.

Ian,

I was worried about the hot air coming across the top of the fridge not helping so did in fact put a vent into the aft cabin.  I
also turned the fan around so it was blowing towards the vent to encourage the air through the vents.  I feel it has helped.  Had to
take the fridge out to do this.  See https://c320.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20130709001341128&i=20210119023052759&p=1
for some tips on removing the fridge.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141