[C320-list] 130 jib sheet track placement

Rick Smith ricksmith4333 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:36:24 PST 2021

Team Layla agrees with Mark's approach to car positioning.  Will add just a
general rule of thumb for us: car positioning depends largely on wind
strength -- generally the brisker the wind, the further aft we position the
car (flattens/depowers the sail) and, conversely, the lighter the winds, the
further forward we position the car (opens up the slot and provides more
power).  We also use a "speed puck" and watch boat speed in search of the
sweet spot -- which is tricky on Lake Lanier which boasts very shifty
winds!)

Rick Smith
Layla #136
Lake Lanier, GA